Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Autism Inspiration

I have found a wonderfully positive blog by a writer/mother. I have become a follower, but wished to post the link for those of us on the ASD journey. It is well worth your time having a look.
http://www.esteeklar.com/

I know I should be sleeping, but reading this blog has started my mind ticking over not slowing down. I was only thinking yesterday, on my drive home from work, about what messages I want my choices to give my sons. Yes, I am jumping back a couple of posts to the roller derby stuff. I guess part of the reason I am seriously pondering the offer is to send my kids a strong message: You can achieve anything if you set your mind to it. Let's face it, here I am around 30 kilos overweight, nearly 46 years of age, two young kids, one of whom has Asperger Syndrome, and I think I may well become a roller derby girl! Come on - who could have thought that was a possibility or even within the realms of the possible? I certainly didn't, even the 16 year old who still lives on deep inside me did not consider it. It is all about looking at the positives, not the negatives, and hope. Dare to dream, dare to believe in the good not the bad, dare to see the miracles not just the disasters.

Dare to soar.

And watch out for me and my wheels as I zoom past! See boys, if Mumma can skate, you two can move mountains!

No comments: