Sunday, December 13, 2009

December 13: Change #best09

What's the best change you made to the place you live?


The best change I have made here is finally getting out into the gardens! If you read my last post you'll know I have grand plans for our three acres of heaven. Unfortunately, our lifestyle and also the size of our place leaves little time to achieve these dreams. We now have someone who we pay to help keep things under control. In summer you can literally watch the grass grow right in front of your eyes!

So here are a few of the bits I have managed to start with.


We have a very sloped area in front of our retaining wall, and large rock steps which lead to it. I had a garden arch previously, but we did not secure it and it blew away in one of the violent storms. I have wanted to replace it for years, this year I did.



I have a gorgeous climbing rose on the right, and had a climbing frangipani on the left. I also had some petunias in that pot, but the wild dog pack decided they need to dig in there each night and it is only just clinging to life.


Under our front stairs I had been cultivating a beautiful garden of cobblers pegs, wandering dew, and a variety of grasses and other weeds. It now looks a little better.





Small baby steps, but at least it is a start.

And I quite enjoy a challenge.





1 comment:

E. said...

Good work on the garden.

Just leeting you know that I have passed the Honest Scrap award on to you. http://whiningattheworld.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-won-blog-award.html