Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 15: Best Packaging #best09

 Did your headphones come in a sweet case? See a bottle of tea in another country that stood off the shelves?


Now, I am the consumate consumer, but I must admit it is the item which attracts me, not the packaging. Don't get me wrong, I do admire a pretty parcel, but then the urge to hold/use/caress the product itself takes over and I tear open the outside adornments to reach the prize inside. Never been a folder, always a scruncher/ripper/tearer. It is a part of the joy of a present, the split millisecond before the item appears and you wonder if the appeal it initially held for you remains (did I mention I am fickle too?). And that is whether it is a present you bought yourself, or something bestowed from another.



So, I guess I am going to be a boring as batcrap Mum, and say the best packaging has been the hand made paper my sons have made for my various gifts this year.



Yeah, yeah. Soppy Mum stuff not the usual Madmother wit and parry, but hey... I am allowed to be a little sentimental sometimes. Don't I?




















Though, shhhh.  This one did catch my eye...








No comments: