Saturday, December 5, 2009

December 5: Night Out #best09

Did you have a night out with friends or a loved one that rocked your world? Who was there? What was the highlight of the night?





The Black Eyed Peas sum it up nicely:

I gotta feeling...



That tonight's gonna be a good night


That tonight's gonna be a good night


That tonight's gonna be a good good night



In my younger years I was that girl. You know, the one everyone notices when she struts into a venue or club. The one everyone stage whispers about as she passes: "Look it's HER. She's here!" Not that I was beautiful, but I was confident and loved to dance. Often I was the first on the dance floor, immune to derision, ignoring any baleful stares, lordy I could dance. It wasn't unknown for me to do a wall flip as the drums kicked in with a pulsating beat. In heels. Ah, yes. Those were the days.

I am older, a little wiser, and definitely heavier and less fit. I sport various injuries earned in those party night days. If I tried a back flip now I would either end up in traction, or go through the wall... ending up in traction. Last year I celebrated my 45th anniversary of the day of my birth by hiring a rock band and taking over the local function room at the pub. With sixty odd of my nearest and dearest I danced non-stop the whole night. And walked painfully and slowly for the next few days in payment. But that was 2008 and this challenge relates to 2009.

Most of our great nights in the last twelve years are held at home. Ours tends to be the place to gather for friends, probably due to the fact it was nearly impossible for us to go elsewhere in the early ASD days.

Our most recent night out was to a friend's 40th. Held at his home. Lots of great people, some I haven't seen for a while. Really pleasant fun night. I even danced. Not up to the old standards, but still managed to impress, even if it was only my boys' music teacher.



No comments: