Saturday, November 5, 2011

Weekend Grateful: Special Occasions and Bling!



Yadda, yadda, it is time for Weekend Grateful!
Melbourne Cup lunch 2011 - Madmother & Big Boy

WHAT a WEEK! Tuesday Melbourne Cup. Thursday my birthday. Manic weekend coming up and my head is exploding from looking at children's illustrator sites!


Whose bloody thirteen year old writes a kid's book and needs an illustrator anyway? Hmm? Okay, so mine does. Crap.


Bloody kids.

Bloody amazing kids.

But back to the topic at hand... This week, as mentioned, was my birthday. And Melbourne Cup. Not on the same day, but as we are on the home run to the shop closing we could only have one day together and I chose to celebrate on the Tuesday as it was close enough.

Beauty & The Beasts


Thirteen of us trooped off to a local restaurant. Three course meal, fashion show, prizes of which our group won many, lots of laughter and fun and just an all round wonderful time!

Two gorgeous girls - and they are as LOUD as me!
It was the BEST Melbourne Cup day I have ever had the privilege to enjoy!

Recognise the hot one in the middle?

And then on my BIRTHDAY I was very spoilt (even though we had to work). We had a family dinner at a wonderful local restaurant - though the one we intended to go to was closed, and of course Big Boy, keeping to his record, had NOT rung to check. We were just lucky the other choice was not closed too!

This weekend we are off to another friend's 40th (actually have two on the same night), and as our babysitter fell through last minute, I am also very grateful to good friends who are having my boys for sleepovers!

Oh, and the bling bit?


You like?

So, I am very grateful for the fun and celebrations, friends and family. And I must also thank those who made this possible - the two who sought to make my life bad and yet have made it so much better than ever! Karma is a bitch, eh? Very grateful for Karma...


Weekend Grateful? Hell yeah!

7 comments:

Maxabella said...

I like!

And I'm impressed by your bloody amazing kid. x

Anonymous said...

Lovely bling!! Smart kids, social outings, sounds like a great grateful week. I found you via Maxabella xx

Suz said...

Happy happy birthday. So happy to see you celebrating. Love from melbourne town xx

Lisa said...

Does your 13 year old author know any 13 year old artists they could collaborate with?

My kids have some artist friends. What sort of book and what sort of illustrations is he looking for?

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit said...

Bloody amazing kid!!! I can't wait to see it in print MM. I am so proud of you both! Am I allowed to be proud?

Madmother said...

Yes, yes you are. And I have messaged you re: DPCON12. (After I completed my happy dance complete with jiggly bits).

Lisa, being Aspie he is very pedantic about the style of illustration and it needs to be fairly detailed. We don't know any other kids cpable of producing what he wants.

We have a wonderful professional walking us through with baby steps, thank goodness.

Lisa said...

Mmmm. Have a look at http://mjenk21.deviantart.com/
anyways.